Help us beta test our kits!
We’re looking for people from Ottawa to help us test out our kits when they go to the ocean. Each test should take approximately 5 minutes. Get your training here. You can take out the kits for a week or two. We’ll reserve it for you and make sure you get it before you leave on your holiday to the ocean!
Each Ocean Explorer test kit contains
- Conductivity meter (for freshwater) with water temperature gauge
- Refractometer (for salinity in ocean water)
- pH, hardness, and alkalinity strips
- Sample container
- Secchi disc (for water clarity)
- 5 Whirl-pak speciment bags
- Notepaper to fill out when offline
- Field guide (explains how to conduct tests)
- A waterproof bag to put your phone in
Buy or borrow, it’s your choice!
Testkits cost $250 to purchase, and we have a few you can borrow (Ottawa only)!