New job posting: Store Coordinator
We are a small, dynamic social enterprise non-profit organization. We’re seeking a new store coordinator for our water quality testkit store! This person would coordinate the assembling and shipping of our testing equipment from our location in Val-des-Monts, Quebec. We pride ourselves on design and user experience. The successful candidate would go above and beyond to welcome new water testers to our community, help solve problems and create great experiences for those purchasing and using our kits.
As part of coordinating the store, the candidate would be responsible for:
- Working closely with the leadership team to plan operations.
- Working with local staff to assemble testkits and fill orders.
- Improving systems protocols and warehouse operations.
- Developing new distribution channels (e.g. through trusted resellers).
- Organizing our online inventory management system and our fulfillment system.
- Developing and building relationships with customers, understanding how to make their experience using our water quality testkits better.
- Developing a roadmap for improving efficiency and for scaling up operations.
- Presenting sales reports at weekly team meetings.
- Brainstorming and executing improvements in marketing and communications.
Our store’s busiest season is spring to get ready for the launch of the testing season. Throughout the summer, more work is done to make sure new testers have the resources (whether digital or physical) they need to successfully test each month. Based on your other skills, expect to spend 1/3 of your time during the summer helping with design, communication, education or development.
As we scale, there are also some great opportunities for someone with technical skills to help us design and build systems to keep track of our client’s successes. The candidate will have many opportunities to develop new skills. Water Rangers strongly believes in mentoring so employees are set up for success and growth. This is a position that requires the person to take responsibility and ownership for solving problems and making sure that details are attended to.
- Detail-oriented and able to think about holistic systems (with lead times and contingencies)
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently, but asking for help when needed
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce (using WooCommerce is a bonus)
- Experience in ordering supplies and other procurement practices
- Experience in optimizing sales (through new relationships and digital techniques)
- Comfortable with analytics, creating sales reports, and setting targets
- Demonstrated ability to show ownership over projects
- Excellent communication skills (bilingual is a bonus)
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills, but also willing to ask for help
- Passion for water; any experience or education in the environmental field is a bonus.
- Skills in photography, social media, and videography are bonuses
- 5 years work minimum experience experience desired
- Able to be onsite at our store location in Val-des-Monts a minimum of 3 days per week (35 minutes from downtown Ottawa).
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a car to get to our Val-des-Monts location as well as to ship orders.
The job details:
- 12-month contract with the opportunity to extend
- 20 – 25 hours per week (weekdays only. We’ll set a regular schedule each week that suits you and the team)
- Stipend to cover phone expenses
- 3 weeks holiday (pro-rated)
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply. Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line “Water Rangers Store Coordinator application.” Include in your email the answer to this question: “What is your favourite water body and why?”
We will be interviewing qualified candidates as they come in, so please submit your application as soon as possible to be considered.
The application period will close on March 12, 2023 at 5pm.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do not phone.