Job opportunity: Sustainability Supply Chain Coordinator
This position has been filled!
Join Water Rangers in supporting water quality monitoring across Canada and beyond as our new Sustainability Supply Chain Coordinator! Water Rangers, as an organization, is aiming to be a leader in the new Clean Tech Green Economy. As the Sustainability Supply Chain Coordinator, you’re passionate about improving Water Rangers’ ability to provide products that are greener than ever in support of our mission that every community has the tools they need to take care of their local waterways!
About this position
We’re growing fast and our water quality testkits are an integral part of our cleantech system where we help communities collect and record water quality data. As our Sustainable Supply Chain Coordinator, under the supervision of our leadership team, you will oversee every stage of our water quality testkit’s production. Throughout the production flow, from purchasing the raw materials to the delivery of the final product, you will be using technological systems and novel manufacturing methods to constantly improve our efficiency, reduce our carbon footprint, reduce waste, and prioritize local suppliers, all while maintaining the highest standards for quality and affordability of our products to benefit our community of passionate water protectors.
You will ensure the right amount of product is made at the right time, as well as coordinate the storage of the raw materials and final product. As you grow into your role and find novel ways to improve supply chains, you’ll work very closely with our product designer to make improvements in our water quality testkit designs to harness new technologies available and ensure we’re getting greener at every stage as well as coordinate local assembly. You will help fulfill orders and work with other team members to ensure we have great products and happy clients!
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining and improving our supply chain, with a focus on finding efficiencies and improvements in making our manufacturing greener all while making sure we can fulfill demand on time.
- Procuring raw supplies, and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Organizing our online inventory management system and our fulfillment system.
- Developing and building relationships with customers, understanding how to make their experience using our water quality testkits better.
- Working closely with staff fulfilling orders and improving systems design.
- Developing new distribution channels (e.g. through trusted resellers).
- Developing a roadmap for improving efficiency and for scaling up operations.
Desired knowledge and skills
- Green manufacturing, supply chain management, procurement
- CRM and Inventory systems management
- Customer service and fulfillment
- Strong data management skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Bilingual is an asset
- Passion for protecting the environment
Education preferred: We value experience! Your degree could be in management, green manufacturing, or another relevant degree.
Experience: Relevant work experience for a minimum of 1-2 years. You will receive a lot of hands-on mentorship and in-person training for the first few months of this job.
Location: Working on location a minimum of 3 days per week in Val-des-Monts, Quebec (30 minutes from downtown Ottawa, near where highway 307 and highway 366 meet). There is flexibility to work from home on other days. You will need access to a vehicle.
To be eligible, you must be…
- A post-secondary graduate
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the contract
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- You cannot be a previous participant in a Science Horizon Internship.
Salary: $47,500/ year, 3 weeks holiday (prorated) and $40/month phone benefit
Initial job period: Starting in early July 2022 – February 2023. For the right candidate, this will become a full-time, permanent position.
If this seems like your opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, June 30th (5pm EST). Please include the answer to the following question: What is your favourite ‘green’ product and why?
Note: Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities Water Rangers serves. Water Rangers has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from everyone. We pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
* Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa, or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.