We are a small, dynamic social enterprise and we’re looking for a new Water Quality Education Coordinator! This person would be responsible for working with our community to assembling and shipping out our testing equipment. We pride ourselves on design and user experience, and so the successful candidate would go above and beyond to welcome new water testers to our community.
- Visiting shorelines with communities and teaching about water quality (following COVID protocols)
- Helping with presentations and teaching users how to use our online platform to enter water quality data
- Assembling water monitoring testkits, testing their effectiveness, and sending them to communities
- Growing our ability to fill water quality data gaps for Canada’s watersheds
- Tracking inventory and providing quality assurance
- Helping with social media, video training & blogging
- Helping plan events during the summer that support our growing community (pending COVID rules)
As we grow, there are great opportunities to help us design and build systems to keep track of our client’s successes. The candidate will have many opportunities to develop new skills. Water Rangers strongly believes in mentoring so that candidates are set up for success and growth. This is a position that requires the person to take responsibility and ownership for solving problems and making sure that details are attended to.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong science communication skills
- Experience in educating others (both formal and informal are desired)
- The ability to work well independently
- Experience with CMS systems and websites (using WooCommerce is a bonus)
- Comfortable with analytics and setting targets
- Demonstrated ability to show ownership over projects
- Excellent communication skills (bilingual is a bonus)
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills, but also willing to ask for help
- Detail-oriented and able to think about holistic systems (with lead times and contingencies)
- Passion for water
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car (mileage will be reimbursed at $0.58/km).
The job details:
- 35 hours a week
- Stipend to cover phone expenses
- 3 weeks holiday (pro-rated)
- Able to start ASAP
To be eligible, you must:
- 30 years of age or younger at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
**International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Water Quality Education Coordinator”
We will be interviewing qualified candidates as they come in, so please submit your application as soon as possible to be considered.